Thursday, March 22, 2012

Only Human....I Think

Ok here it goes, Yes I love the Lord, and I know that He loves me, but can I keep it real, some days I'm only human. I know God can do exceedingly and abundantly more than we can ask or think, yet some days I'm only human. A mother, a wife, a friend, a sister and so much more, I wear many hats (they don't all fit the same but I wear them anyway) but I'm still only human, these last few days have proven that to me. I truly know the power of God and to all you  who walk in the spirit 24 hours a day this doesn't apply to you. Let me explain;

"Lord Help Me Not to Scream"  We know there will be many and I do mean many trials and test, the goal is to survive and still maintain your sanity while dealing with every day situations...now yes I get stressed, yes I wake up some mornings and ask the question "Lord do I have to keep the peace today?" and like I said so many times before "I'm still under construction" I have found myself in this stage of my life not able to tolerate alot of craziness and there are just some moments in this life that I just want to scream on some people ( yes even church folk). In all I go through I pray and ask God to show me more of Him so I'm able to  make it through the day.....if you can relate just wave your hands where ever you are...I wont tell. One scripture comes to mind in times such as this 2nd Corinthians 2:9 "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness" isn't that amazing God is saying to me that HE is made strong in MY weakness....well Lord you are truly marvelous because there are many days when I'm just weak....whewww there I said it.....I get weak and it seems to me these are the moments when I'm reminded that I'm only human, as women we take on alot of responsibilities and we don't always like to say or be reminded of our weaknesses, but if God is made strong because of my weakness then I have no problem with it. So when the kids, spouse, job, and life seem to be getting out of control and you want to scream.....do it because that's your weakness in action so let God be Strong for you.

 Now I don't proclaim to be deep and mystical, my life demonstrates that in every way, but what I do know is as a woman I still have to ask God to be everything to me, here is an example: If my husband comes home and has worked a long week and I'm in need of some extra affection and he has no clue why I'm tripping, I ask God to hold me close and give me what I'm missing. More times than not when we are single we pray "Lord send me a husband" and we don't realize that once the wedding bells have rung we still have to ask God on occasion's to be our husbands and when He gives us affection and loving care like only HE can it makes the load lighter for our "natural husbands".  Ladies we have to understand it's ok to take off those many hats and put the "Super~Woman" cape in the closet and embrace the way God has made us, for we are "Fearfully and Wonderfully made."

Only when we accept that we are only human can we truly recognize our worth. My challenge to you on this week is to yell out "I'm only human" when you just can't seem to keep it together and allow God to replenish what HE has put into you......open yourself up to His will for your life and hold on tight, because the road is going to be bumpy, it wont always be what we want but with Christ all things are possible.

9 comments:

  1. Very good piece. I sometimes do so much that even I forget that I am not superwoman and get so defeated when something does not go my way. I have to learn that I can't do everything in a day and that is something I strive to make sure I continue to learn and teach the best way I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, we are still a work in progress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Realness and Encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! Girl this is our conversation but with VISION on it! Great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took a toll on me to do this one...and yes I had to put a little you on it lol!! gonna be like you when I grow up lol!!

      Delete
  5. Goodness this really hit home! This is just the reason why I have to take a moment for me....many times I ask God for mental calmness. This really works! I am learning that I cant do it all. Communication is key....no matter what....be it talking to our husbands and especially when talking to the lord above. So I accept your challenge because "I only Human! Great piece....we all are spread to thin....hang in there sis....you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis!! glad it was a blessing being that your coming into wife~dom soon!! it means the world to that you received it!!

      Delete
  6. Wow SISTAR!!!! This post has spoken volumes to me!!!! This is sooo true… We all have to find time to find ourselves and know WHO we are and WHOSE we are!!!! I am now following your blog and glad about it – I can’t wait until the next post! Thank you so much for sharing…

    Xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete