Friday, March 16, 2012

Empty Nester to Be.

Isn't it funny how time flies, it seems like just yesterday that I gave birth to my oldest child which is my son who will be  26 this year ( yeah I started early) who plans to join the Army National Guard soon, and he has also given me a beautiful grand~daughter. Then four years later I gave birth to my middle daughter who is now 21 and in her third year of college, then three years after that baby girl came who is now 17 and will be graduating high school this year!! whew it's been a long time coming.

Now all of my children are from my previous marriage, but I have to give my current husband a major shout out for loving them as his own , love you Shannon, Toot Toot... ok now on to the topic at hand. I have had moments of wanting to straggle them, cry with them, ask the question what in the world were you thinking with them, moments of comforting them, basically just being "Mommie" to them, it hasn't been easy Lord knows there have been some rough mountains and a lot of scary moments, yet I wouldn't trade them for the world.

Now that  baby girl is about to graduate and go into the Army National Guard and onto college life will definitely change for all of us. So some ask the question will you miss having the kids in the house? or say your gonna be lonely, but I say "chase the world" and get outta my house ahahaa. It's been a wonderful journey but I'm learning that now it's truly time to see all that has been put into my children come out in their adult lives.

I'm excited for September to come and don't have to fill out school forms, or buy school clothes or rush to leave work to pick up a child from school, or attend another PTA meeting, don't get me wrong it was nice while it lasted but Thank You Jesus I'm about to be in a "New" chapter of my life. I do have to admit I want to keep all of them close to me on some days, then there are the days I want them to just explore all the wonderful things God has in store for them, I want to see just how good of a parent I have been. I will always cherish all the ups and downs, but I'm looking forward to putting up my "Red~Superwoman Cape~ and enjoy the sweet life of being a Empty Nester........hummmmm where shall I vacation??

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on becoming a soon to be empty nester! It sounds like you're in good spirits, just hold on to those memories of them in their youth, the memories you'll make in your "New" chapter and all the lovely places you'll see in the future, to get you through the days you want to hold them close and never let them go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your encouragement, and that means alot!! may your day be filled with wonderfully things.
      Be Blessed

      Delete
    2. Wow an empty house! That is a major accomplishment sweetie! Many of us who have children want to hold on to them and then the next stage is letting them go into the world alone. That is great that you have great children that you don't have to worry to much about and can let them spread their wings and fly into adulthood. I have a way to go for my oldest is only 12....but Im sure time will fly and I will be saying my baby is going to coollege too! Congrats on this new and exciting moment in your life!

      Delete
    3. Yes lady it has be a major turning point in my life, but God has them wrapped in his arms of protection. I just wanna enjoy the benefits of all my labor lol.

      Delete
  2. i am there with you...and then i had my late in life child...so my empty nest is delayed for another 9 yrs...but i can see the promise land...:) and i'm going to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats very sweet. I know exactly what you mean. when my oldest child left, i was really sad about it. but i also had 2 more here. now its time for my stepson to leave. I will miss him, but its time for these little birds to fly and we have to let them. I have a 9 year old here that will hold me for bout another decade, so I am good! lol. great post :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks "hurricane" thank you for the comment, and your so right, fly birdies fly!! :~)

      Delete